Engineering Kids Camp
2017 Registration and Details Coming Soon
Note: Registration is from 8:30 – 9:00 AM each day with the camp ending at 3:00 P.M
Students can continue to pre-register for the camps until we reach capacity including at the door. We currently have 396 students scheduled to attend in total for the week!
- Monday, July 25 – students going into grades 4-6th SOLD OUT (wait list)
- Tuesday, July 26 – students going into grades 4-6th (4 or less spots left)
- Wednesday, July 27 – students going into grades 2-3rd SOLD OUT (wait list)
- Thursday, July 28 – students going into 4-8th grade (girls only with 8 spots left)
- Friday, July 29 – students going into grades 6-8 (Plenty of space currently)
Registration is now open for the 8th annual QCESC Engineering Kids Camp will be held on July 25- July 29, 2016 at the Putnam Museum and Science Center in Davenport. The camp is a collaboration between the QCESC, the Putnam Museum and the Iowa State University College of Engineering who design and lead the camp. Each one day camp will include three, fun educational hand-on activities including LEGO robotics with challenges for various student experience levels and will include big screen movie along with a camp t-shirt and lunch.
We are currently seeking 15 volunteers for each of the five, one day camps. No previous experience is required with everyone welcome to apply including Technical professionals, educators, and others. This includes high school (limited number) and college students.
We no longer have any openings for volunteering. You can apply and will be put on a wait list uncase have any cancellations.
Thanks to the great response of our volunteers!
No previous experience is required – just a desire to have fun and work with and inspire children. Please note that there are four volunteering roles available:
- Activity Assistant (6 people per day): Assist with the hands-on activities with minimum preparation required ahead of the event. Assistants will travel with the same students to each of the three activities.
- Activity Assistant Coordinator (3 people per day): Same responsibilities outlined above for activity assistant plus coordinate the movement of students and volunteers between the various locations and activities. Limited preparation
- Co-Lead for Activity (3 people per day): Co-Leader for Hands-On Activity with Iowa State Student Leader. This role will require a few hours of preparation ahead of the session. Will remain with the same activity all day.
- Photographer (1 per day) will be required for each day and must provide own digital camera.
Special thanks to
- Iowa State University College of Engineering for supporting this key outreach effort and the Putnam Museum and Science Center for hosting the event!
- The John Deere and NDIA (National Defense Industrial Association) Iowa-Illinois Chapter sponsorships supporting the student grants/scholarships.
Volunteers will be provided a camp t-shirt, lunch, and a fun experience of supporting our local youth. The event will be lead by students from Iowa State University College of Engineering.
- 2015 Camp with Pictures
- 2014 Camp with Pictures
- 2013 Camp with Pictures
- 2012 Camp with Pictures
- 2011 Pictures and Camp Information
- 2011 Article in Quad City Times Pictures from July 29, 2011
- 2010 Camp Pictures
- 2009 Camp Pictures
Please forward your comments regarding this page to:
Last updated January 01, 2017 11:34 AM