9th Annual Engineering Kids Camps
Students will continue to be accepted until the camps are full including at the door.
Call the Putnam at 563) 324-1933 to confirm openings and make a reservation.
Note: Currently as of 22Jul17, we have no volunteer openings left.
You can still sign-up to volunteer and we will put you on a wait list.
Grants are available for students based on need to cover the camp registration fee.
Schedule for five, one day camps:
- Monday, July 24 – students going into grades 4-6th
- Tuesday, July 25 – students going into grades 4-6th
- Wednesday, July 26 – students going into grades 2-3rd (Sold Out)
- Thursday, July 27 – Girls only – going into 4-8th grade
- Friday, July 28 – students going into grades 6-8
We are currently seeking 16 volunteers for each of the five, one day camps. No previous experience is required with everyone welcome to apply including Technical professionals, educators, and others. This includes high school (limited number) and college students.
Please note we typically fill up our volunteer positions so apply early to insure you have a spot.
No previous experience is required – just a desire to have fun and work with and inspire children. Please note that there are four volunteering roles available:
- Activity Assistant (9 people per day): Assist with the hands-on activities with minimum preparation required ahead of the event. Assistants will travel with the same students to each of the three activities.
- Activity Assistant Coordinator (3 people per day): Same responsibilities outlined above for activity assistant plus coordinate the movement of students and volunteers between the various locations and activities. Limited preparation
- Co-Lead for Activity (3 people per day): Co-Leader for Hands-On Activity with Iowa State Student Leader. This role will require a few hours of preparation ahead of the session. Will remain with the same activity all day.
- Photographer (1 per day) will be required for each day and must provide own DSLR camera.
Special thanks to
- Iowa State University College of Engineering for supporting this key outreach effort and the Putnam Museum and Science Center for hosting the event!
- The John Deere and NDIA (National Defense Industrial Association) Iowa-Illinois Chapter sponsorships supporting the student grants/scholarships.
Volunteers will be provided a camp t-shirt, lunch, and a fun experience of supporting our local youth. The event will be lead by students from Iowa State University College of Engineering.
- 2016 Camp Pictures
- 2015 Camp Pictures
- 2014 Camp Pictures
- 2013 Camp Pictures
- 2012 Camp Pictures
- 2011 Camp Pictures
- 2010 Camp Pictures
- 2009 Camp Pictures
Please forward your comments regarding this page to:
(email@example.com).Last updated January 01, 2017 11:34 AM