Please join us and celebrate the free,
5th Annual Quad Cities National Robotics Week Showcase
Saturday, April 6, 2019 12:00 – 2:00 PM
The QCESC is excited to partner with the Putnam Museum and Riverdale Heights Robotics to support the event. The event will include robotic displays and demonstrations from each of the FIRST Robotic programs supporting students in grades K-12. Learn more about the programs and how to get your kids & schools or non-profits involved and have some fun.
- Link to Register FIRST LEGO League Junior Teams for Expo
- Volunteers are needed to supporting with the expo with no previous experience required.
- If you have previously volunteered for a FIRST event, login and volunteer for the Quad Cities Robotics Week Expo using this link.
- If this is the first time volunteering with FIRST, you need to sign up on the FIRST volunteer management system by creating a profile using this link and then select the event (Quad Cities Robotics Week for FLL Jr).
FIRST LEGO League Jr. Expo:
There will be an official Expo for FIRST LEGO League Jr. teams (ages 6-10) from Iowa & Illinois to show their work with an High Five Ceremony planned. Thanks for the FIRST LEGO League Junior state wide sponsors, John Deere and Iowa State University College of Engineering.
Putnam Museum & Science Center
1717 W 12th St
Saturday, April 6th, 2019
Schedule for National Robotics Week Interactive Displays:
- 11:00 – 11:45 AM – Setup by FIRST teams and other interactive displays
- 12:00 – 2:00 PM Overall National Robotics Week Showcase for FIRST robotics programs
FIRST LEGO League Junior Expo Schedule:
- 11:30 – 11:45 AM Team arrival, Check-in and Setup
- 12:00 – 12:05 PM FLL JR. Kickoff
- 12:05 – 1:15 PM FLL JR. Talks with Reviewers
- 1:45 – 2:00 PM FLL JR. High Five Ceremony
- 2:00 – 2:30 PM FLL JR. Team Teardown & Clean-up
FIRST LEGO League Junior (FLL Jr.) is for students age 6-10 with up to six students per team.
List of the 21 FIRST LEGO League Junior teams scheduled to participate in the expo:
List of Displays and FIRST Teams scheduled to participate Below:
- The Flourish & Bots Project
- Pleasant Valley High School FTC Program
FIRST LEGO League Junior (FLL Jr.) – Students age 6-10 up to six students per team:
FIRST LEGO League (FLL) – students age 9-14 up to 10 students per team:
- Team #25580, Furry Logic from Bettendorf who received 2nd place at the 2019 State of Iowa Championship. They will be representing Iowa at the FIRST LEGO League International Open on May 17-19, 2019 at LEGOLAND in California.
FIRST Tech Challenge (FTC) – students age 12-18 up to 15 students per team:
- Team #8813 – The Winter Soldiers from Bettendorf who received 1st place at the State of 2019 Iowa Championship. They will be among the 13 teams representing Iowa at the FIRST World Championship in Detroit on April 24-27, 2019
FIRST Robotics Competition (FRC) – students age 14-18 with unlimited size students per team:
- Team #6889, DC Current a 2nd year team from Davis County Community High School.
If you have questions, please e-mail QCESC.firstname.lastname@example.org