NEW! Battle of the Bridges now has a “Professionals Only” category! Learn more….
The QCESC seeks to provide support for area STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) professionals in a variety of ways. We always welcome participation in our perennial STEM/student activities. Please consider these other opportunities as well:
- By providing a convenient outlet for advertising/promoting Society/STEM events beyond the normal societies’ reach such as on the QCESC website, Calendar of Events and Newsletter
- By providing an opportunity for Societies’ representatives-members and STEM professionals to network at our QCESC monthly meetings (usually 3rd Wednesdays, Sept-June, 6:00 PM, Hamilton Tech in Davenport). Everyone is welcome to attend the meetings.
- By providing a convenient avenue for Societies with STEM scholarship support obligations to combine resources and take advantage of a mature vetting application and selection process that is valued and recognized by local Universities from Iowa, Illinois, and Wisconsin.
- By providing an opportunity to join a local Order of the Engineer link QCESC Link #271. Membership is offered to most new engineers at the university level but the QCESC offers this national membership to those who might have missed out.
- By providing opportunities for Professional Development when available. If you have any questions or suggestions concerning QCESC Professional Development opportunities please contact Josh Drake.
- By providing an opportunity for Society representatives/members and STEM professionals to network at our annual Society Reception and to our annual National Engineers Week Banquet:
- QCESC Annual Banquet, February 25, National Engineers Week (E-Week) was created in 1951 to create awareness of the contributions of engineers to society by the National Society of Professional Engineers (NSPE) and coincides with Presidents’ Day. This is no coincidence, since George Washington, the first president of the United States, was a land surveyor and engineer. We celebrate with our Annual QCESC Banquet where everyone is cordially invited to attend this premier, annual event to celebrate, network and pay tribute to the great Engineering, Technology and Science Professionals and Educators we have in the Quad City Region. This includes supporting the next generation of STEM Professionals through supporting students with outreach to provide them with real world experiences.
- List of Member Societies
- Annual Technical Society Networking Reception and Hockey Night
- Looking for interesting STEM Events and Activities?
- Check out DiscoverE
- View our QCESC Calendar
- Look for events across Iowa at: https://findstemiowa.org/events
- Current Job Opportunities:
- Scott Community College is looking for instructors for engineering courses for the Spring Semester. The instructor must have a Master’s Degree in Math or Engineering or a PE license. Specifically, they are looking for instructors for Thermodynamics, Intro to Electrical Science, and Mechanics of Deformable Bodies. Contact Lynne Charles at 563-441-4207 email@example.com or Suzanne Gainer at 563-441-4267 or firstname.lastname@example.org .